COVID-19: A Message From Managing Director, Dave WebbBy Dave Webb | 22 Apr 2020
A message with advice on COVID-19 from Valkyrie Managing Director, Dave Webb
We sincerely hope you and your organisation are keeping well during this difficult time.
At Valkyrie, we are here to help and should you require any of our security services throughout the COVID-19 crisis we remain open for business, whilst conforming tightly with all government regulations.
Please see below a message providing some advice on the current situation we have all been affected by.
Covid-19 Response: The fast-moving and widespread nature of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) has presented a unique and challenging set of circumstances. As the outbreak evolves the rules on International travel are in a constant state of flux. Individuals, governments and businesses alike are facing unforeseen hurdles as new restrictions are put into place on a daily basis. Valkyrie are currently supporting organisations with a range of different strategies, offering advice and reassurance to help during these challenging times.
Achieving and maintaining Business Resilience during the Pandemic: We are receiving increased enquiries requesting global support and intelligence amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Organisations have been responding to the outbreak in several ways, limiting travel, cancelling trips and postponing events which is resulting in significant disruption. As the impact of the Covid-19 continues to grow, organisations are finding themselves at various stages of preparedness. A healthy and accessible workforce is an organisations most valuable asset. This worldwide pandemic is incapacitating employees and is resulting in others being quarantined or stranded. Additionally, large numbers of employees are working from home or remote locations, which could further disrupt operational capability. We are advising companies that have not felt the brunt of the crisis just yet to use this opportunity to develop preparations and understand the impact going forward.
· Establish a monitoring capability internally and externally
· Plan what’s best for your workforce and critical for your business
· Consider realistic, varied scenarios and define triggers and escalation points
· Approach decision making against genuine business impacts and not fear
Open for business: In light of the developing Covid-19 situation, we would like to reassure you that we are ‘open for business’ and will continue to provide the very best service to you while taking all the necessary steps to keep ourselves safe and healthy and to protect you, our valued clients. The necessary containment measures deployed in response to the coronavirus outbreak have created uncertainty for many, but our specialist teams are on hand to help you navigate this evolving situation. We are supporting clients to ensure they have a flexible and robust response during the ongoing global outbreak, reviewing and updating business continuity/resilience plans where relevant. Importantly we can support your ability to continue to do business and return to normal operations as quickly as possible. In addition to reviewing and updating business continuity/resilience plans and offering our core services (TSCM, tracking solutions, access control, cyber security, Private Client Services, investigations/surveillance, security/risk consulting, due-diligence) we continue to offer Specialist security services designed to support companies, people and critical assets including the following:
· Protection teams - deploying security teams to safeguard critical assets, people and supply chains due to reduced operations. Security for residential and commercial properties that are now lying empty for the foreseeable future
· Enhanced Monitoring - tailored to our clients’ needs and areas of operations, providing updates on developments and utilising a global network of resources and experts
· Evacuation - assisting with quick short notice evacuations, alternative plans and private sanitised travel through our ground transportation network and air charter partners
· Crisis Management – scenario planning and strategy development - helping management teams to project how specific scenarios will impact their people and company going forward
Please note: as mentioned, Valkyrie remains open for business. However, the current government guidelines require all activity to be performed in line with government policy e.g. social distancing.
Stay safe, and stay home where possible.
With best regards,
Dave Webb – Managing Director, Valkyrie